ErinoakKids' new locations
In January of 2018, ErinoakKids moved to three new locations!
Where will my family receive services?
Parking at the new sites
Located in Oakville, Mississauga and Brampton, this was the largest Redevelopment Project in the history of the Ministry of Children and Youth, and the first multi-site construction of a Children’s Treatment Centre in the province. The project enabled ErinoakKids to consolidate its patchwork of leased and retrofitted office and commercial space into three new facilities that are fully accessible and appropriately designed to provide care to children and youth with a broad range of disabilities and special needs.
Our new buildings allow us to:
- Offer our complete range of services and supports at each site (with the exception of respite care and the therapy pool, which will be located at the Brampton site), so that families do not have to travel multiple locations for care
- Realize efficiencies so we can serve more children and youth, better and faster
- Provide respite care at our Brampton location with a 26-bed respite centre
- Meet service demand for the next 25 years
Highlights of the new facilities
- Welcoming, accessible spaces, purpose-built to meet the treatment and therapy needs of children with disabilities and special needs
- Accessible playgrounds at each site
- Outdoor areas for therapy at each site
- Snoezelen rooms at all sites
- 26-bed respite facility in Brampton
- Warm-water therapy pool in Brampton
- Full range of medical and therapy services available at each site
- Sites located equi-distant across our catchment area to ensure equitable access
- Fully accessible by public transportation
- Built to LEED Silver standards to ensure sustainability
- Green roofs to manage our own storm water and maximize outdoor space
- Expansion from 128,000 square feet to more than 280,000 square feet of treatment/therapy space
Thursday, Jan. 18:
Last day of service at the current ErinoakKids locations
Friday, Jan. 19 - Wednesday, Jan. 24:
All sites closed for staff to move and orient to the new buildings
Thursday, Jan. 25:
The Mississauga site is open for client service
Friday, Jan. 26:
The Halton site is open for client service
Monday, Jan. 29:
The Brampton site is open for client service
Did you know?
Did you know that toddlers and young children like it when you get down to their level so they can see your face? This tells them that you’re interested in what they’re doing and saying. It makes it easier to interact with you.
Learn about Speech and Language Therapy at ErinoakKids