Two-way messaging is a feature in the ErinoakKids Connect portal that allows you to communicate directly with your ErinoakKids clinician(s) in a safe and secure way. Two-way messaging is not for urgent care needs; in an emergency, always call 911.
1. Why would I want to use two-way messaging? Two-way messaging can help you to communicate with your clinician(s) in a secure and convenient way. You might use it the same way you use the telephone now to contact a clinician.
2. What kinds of questions can I ask using two-way messaging? Two-way messaging could include clarifying instructions or asking follow-up questions about a recent visit, and following-up on a test result. Two-way messaging should not be used for questions related to new conditions. It is only for things that have been discussed previously.
3. How will I know if two-way messaging is an option for me? If your clinicians are set up with messaging, then you will be able to see their names in the Messaging tab in ErinoakKids Connect.
4. Does two-way messaging replace visits with my clinicians? There will still be a need to see your clinicians in person, but two-way messaging may allow you to get some answers to questions without scheduling a new appointment.
5. How will I know if one of my clinicians sends me a message? When a message is received in ErinoakKids Connect, you will receive an email notification at the email address that you linked to your ErinoakKids Connect account.
6. How quickly should I expect a response? Two-way messaging is NOT meant for urgent care needs. We aim to respond to messages within a few days (not including weekends or holidays). If you do not receive a response to a message, please call the clinician directly.
7. I would rather just use my regular email to communicate with clinicians. Why should I use the messaging through ErinoakKids Connect? ErinoakKids and its’ clinicians have a legal responsibility to keep your personal health information secure. Messaging through ErinoakKids Connect is much more secure than regular email. It also allows us to capture your questions and our responses for our records.
8. Can I contact a clinician I don’t see any more or haven’t yet seen? No. Two-way messaging should only be used to communicate with your current clinicians.
9. Will other members of the team see my messages? Messages between portal users and clinicians will become part of the health care record and can be seen by other clinicians who are involved in providing care.