March 07, 2020
Address1230 Central Parkway West Mississauga,
Ontario, L5C 0A5
Temporary Full Time Positions Available
Approx 1 Year Contract
Peel and Halton Region
Various schedules will be offered. Candidates must be available to work flexible hours between 7am to 7pm (7.5 hour shifts) , Monday to Saturday.
We are currently seeking talented individuals to fill the role of temporary full time Behaviour Clinician within the Autism Services Department. Autism Services provides a wide range of inter-professional therapy to children with autism and their families. Under the supervision of a Clinical Supervisor, Behaviour Clinician will be responsible for delivering individualized behavioural intervention in a variety of learning settings.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Supervisor to develop, implement, and deliver treatments based on the principles of behavior analysis;
- Deliver individualized behavioural intervention in a variety of learning settings such as groups, dyads, and one to one;
- Make data-based decisions on treatment planning for clients so as to enhance children’s response to treatment;
- Meet set performance metrics while maximizing billable hours;
- Independently identify supports and barriers to learning for each child and bring this information to treatment on a day-to-day basis;
- Actively engage in parent coaching, deliver education workshops, and coordinate transfer of learning with schools;
- Address challenging behaviours through function-based analysis and treatment.
- A diploma in Autism Behavioral Sciences is a strong asset; however, an Early Childhood Education diploma or degree, or a Child and Youth Worker Diploma will be considered;
- Minimum one year of clinical experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder;
- Outstanding organizational capacity;
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills, comfortable acting as an ambassador of ErinoakKids;
- Strong attention to detail and organization, ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a professional and timely manner;
- Self-starter and proactive approach in resolving problems and issues;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and ability to learn new database systems required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- An ability to display a high level of initiative;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting;
- Knowledge of technology solutions for children with autism;
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and Saturdays;
- Must be able to travel across Peel and Halton regions, or work at another site as required;
- A valid Ontario driver’s license is required as well as access to a personal vehicle.
How to Apply
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. ErinoakKids will make accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com quoting the position ID number in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest in joining ErinoakKids, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
About ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development
ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development is Ontario’s largest children’s treatment centre, serving more than 15,000 children and youth annually who have physical and developmental disabilities, autism, communication disorders, blindness/low vision and hearing loss. Our mission is to help our clients achieve optimal levels of independence, learning, health and well-being. Serving Halton, Peel, Dufferin — and, for some services, Waterloo and Wellington — ErinoakKids has approximately 600 staff and 11 sites from which we provide a comprehensive array of assessment, medical, therapy and support services that help children and their families.