Enhanced Program Support
March 05, 2020
Address1230 Central Parkway West Mississauga,
Ontario, L5C 0A5
Permanent Part-Time Positions Available
Peel Region (Misissauga/Brampton)
ErinoakKids is currently seeking a dynamic individual to support children with special needs in community preschool settings through our Early Childhood Resource Services program in the Region of Peel. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as have a keen interest in working with children with special needs.
With direction from the Resource Consultant, support the introduction of strategic approaches or interventions by coaching, modeling or direct instruction in a child care setting in order to build capacity within the team and child care program
Work as part of a child care team, participate in all duties and daily routines within a child care program.
Assist, collaborate and communicate closely with child care staff to foster and facilitate the inclusion of children with special needs in all aspects of the child care program.
Support a team approach for collaboration and partnership with program staff, Resource Consultants and families.
Actively promote the inclusion of children with special needs in community preschool programs in the Peel Region.
- A college diploma or university degree in Early Childhood Education; an ECE accreditation is considered a strong asset;
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Education
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of parents, caregivers, children, professionals and community members;
- Knowledge of child development, family dynamics, and early learning;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Good organization and planning skills;
- Varied experience with preschoolers and with children with special needs;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment;
- Ability to work a variety of hours;
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to: HR@erinoakkids.ca
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. ErinoakKids will make accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
About ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development
ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development is Ontario’s largest children’s treatment centre, serving more than 15,000 children and youth annually who have physical and developmental disabilities, autism, communication disorders, blindness/low vision and hearing loss. Our mission is to help our clients achieve optimal levels of independence, learning, health and well-being. Serving Halton, Peel, Dufferin — and, for some services, Waterloo and Wellington — ErinoakKids has approximately 600 staff and 11 sites from which we provide a comprehensive array of assessment, medical, therapy and support services that help children and their families.