Independent Living Program
The Independent Living Program (ILP) offers youth, ages 16-19, an opportunity to develop skills for independent living in a community based setting focusing on preparing for the transition to adulthood.
The ILP takes place on a post-secondary campus for 11 days and 10 nights. Participants live in an accessible apartment residence with access to 24-hour attendant services.
Participants work on their own goals as well as participate in a group experience. They have the opportunity to practice life skills in a realistic and supportive environment.
Life skills experiences include:
- using attendant services
- directing their own services
- accessing public transportation
- managing money and budgeting
- meal planning, meal preparation and grocery shopping
- personal safety, advocacy and relationships
- employment and volunteering
- accessible housing options
- recreational opportunities
- and much more
Applicants (clients of ErinoakKids) will participate in an interview to determine acceptance into the program. Enrolment is limited!