Independent Living Program
The Independent Living Program (ILP) offers youth, ages 16-19, an opportunity to develop skills for independent living in a community based setting focusing on preparing for the transition to adulthood.
The ILP takes place on a post-secondary campus for 11 days and 10 nights. Participants live in an accessible apartment residence with access to 24-hour attendant services.
Participants work on their own goals as well as participate in a group experience. They have the opportunity to practice life skills in a realistic and supportive environment.
Life skills experiences include:
- using attendant services
- directing their own services
- accessing public transportation
- managing money and budgeting
- meal planning, meal preparation and grocery shopping
- personal safety, advocacy and relationships
- employment and volunteering
- accessible housing options
- recreational opportunities
- and much more
Applicants (clients of ErinoakKids) will participate in an interview to determine acceptance into the program. Enrolment is limited!
Did you know?
Did you know that toddlers and young children like it when you get down to their level so they can see your face? This tells them that you’re interested in what they’re doing and saying. It makes it easier to interact with you.
Learn about Speech and Language Therapy at ErinoakKids