Special Services at Home
Special Services at Home (SSAH) helps families who are caring for a child with a developmental or physical disability. Funding allows the family to hire a Special Needs Worker to provide respite and or personal development and growth activities (according to Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services guidelines).
Please see the Special Services at Home FAQs for more information.
You can also submit your SSAH documentation online.
The Ministry of Children and Youth Services guidelines for the provincial Special Services at Home program, that ErinoakKids administers in Halton and Peel, are that families are eligible to apply for funding if their child:
- Is under the age of 18 years with a diagnosed physical disability
- Has a diagnosed developmental disability
- Has ongoing functional limitations as a result of the disability
- Is a resident of the Region of Peel or Halton
- Lives at home with their family
- Requires support beyond what is considered to fall within normal family responsibilities
Many families require support in applying for and accessing SSAH funding and other appropriate resources and supports. ErinoakKids Service Navigators are available to assist families with the application processes.
Did you know?
Did you know that children begin to walk up the stairs placing two feet on each step leading with their stronger leg?
Read about Physiotherapy at ErinoakKids