This program is for children with a diagnosis of cerebral palsy with hemiplegia. Constraint Induced Movement Therapy (CIMT) is used to help children participate in a variety of activities using their affected hand while wearing a split on their other hand. Parent or caregiver involvement is essential to this program. As part of the program, your child will attend a pre-group assessment.
Your child should:
- be receiving occupational therapy or physiotherapy services at ErinoakKids
- attend this program on the recommendation of his/her therapist
- have hemiplegia affecting an arm and hand, with some use of the affected hand
- have the ability to follow directions and participate in a group setting, and
- be seizure free for at least six months.
5 – 10
Offered at Brampton and Halton locations
ErinoakKids Brampton location: July 13 – 24 (10 sessions, weekdays only)
ErinoakKids Halton location: August 4 – 14
(9 sessions, weekdays only)
Locations and times:
ErinoakKids Brampton Location ErinoakKids Halton location
10145 McVean Dr., Brampton 2000 Glenorchy Rd., Oavkille
9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Program fee: Cost of splint (if required)