This program is for children with a diagnosis of cerebral palsy with hemiplegia. Constraint Induced Movement Therapy (CIMT) is used to help children participate in a variety of activities using their affected hand while wearing a split on their other hand. Parent or caregiver involvement is essential to this program. As part of the program, your child will attend a pre-group assessment.
Your child should:
- be receiving occupational therapy or physiotherapy services at ErinoakKids
- attend this program on the recommendation of his/her therapist
- have hemiplegia affecting an arm and hand, with some use of the affected hand
- have the ability to follow directions and participate in a group setting, and
- be seizure free for at least six months.
5 – 10
Offered at Brampton and Halton locations
ErinoakKids Halton location: August 4 – 14
(9 sessions, weekdays only)
Locations and times:
ErinoakKids Brampton Location ErinoakKids Halton location
10145 McVean Dr., Brampton 2000 Glenorchy Rd., Oavkille
9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Program fee: Cost of splint (if required)
Did you know?
Did you know that having your child seated on a low stool, bench or step (versus on the floor), can facilitate the learning of dressing skills? By doing this you are increasing his or her postural stability and visual view of his or her hands.
Read about Occupational Therapy at ErinoakKids