Gym and Swim
A program for pre-teens to explore fitness in a gym and pool environment. Participants will take part in a daily workout program as well as sports and games to develop strength, endurance and cardiovascular fitness.
Your child should:
- be receiving services from an ErinoakKids physiotherapist
- be able to walk independently with canes, crutches or a walker, or, if using a wheelchair, must have independent arm movements to do exercises
- be able to follow instructions
- be able to participate and work in a group setting
- have active movement in arms and/or legs
- be able to maintain fairly good bench sitting balance (i.e., trunk and neck control)
- be able to transfer independently or with one person assisting
- be comfortable in the water
- be medically stable and seizure free for 6 months
- all swimmers who are incontinent must wear pool pants
- be able to walk and run independently.
Age: 10 – 13
Dates: August 17 – 21
Location and time:
10145 McVean Drive, Brampton
12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Program fee: None
Did you know?
Did you know that by about three months of age a baby follows a moving object with his or her eyes?
Learn about Vision Services at ErinoakKids