Gym and Swim
A program for pre-teens to explore fitness in a gym and pool environment. Participants will take part in a daily workout program as well as sports and games to develop strength, endurance and cardiovascular fitness.
Your child should:
- be receiving services from an ErinoakKids physiotherapist
- be able to walk independently with canes, crutches or a walker, or, if using a wheelchair, must have independent arm movements to do exercises
- be able to follow instructions
- be able to participate and work in a group setting
- have active movement in arms and/or legs
- be able to maintain fairly good bench sitting balance (i.e., trunk and neck control)
- be able to transfer independently or with one person assisting
- be comfortable in the water
- be medically stable and seizure free for 6 months
- all swimmers who are incontinent must wear pool pants
- be able to walk and run independently.
Age: 10 – 13
Dates: August 17 – 21
Location and time:
10145 McVean Drive, Brampton
12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Program fee: None
Did you know?
Did you know that by adding a footstool to your child’s toilet routine (so that his or her feet are flat and well supported when on the toilet), can improve your child’s ability to perform independent wiping skills?
Read about Occupational Therapy at ErinoakKids