TCOB enables young people with disabilities to develop pre-vocational skills while developing and implementing a business plan. Participants are challenged to create and run a food service business to serve ErinoakKids staff. Youth have the opportunity to explore individual interests and continue their journey toward independence.
Each participant will:
- apply for jobs in food preparation, money management or marketing
- be encouraged to set their own goals and work toward them with guidance and support from ErinoakKids staff and volunteers
- have the opportunity to develop skills in the areas of teamwork, communication, organization, money management, shopping, meal preparation and computer use.
Each participant should:
- be seeing an ErinoakKids occupational therapist who recommends this program
- have the ability to participate in a group setting including group discussions, following directions, attending to a task and problem solving
- demonstrate basic literacy, math and organizational skills
- be motivated to develop employment skills
Age: 14 – 18
Dates: July 20 – 31 (10 sessions, Monday to Friday)
Location and time:
1230 Central Parkway West, Mississauga
9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.